Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-25-2009, 08:09 AM   #1

Lightroom 2 and lens information data

Good day,

I just uploaded to Lightroom 2. Using my K10 and a Signa 17-70 lens the information below the photo tells me I am shooting with a tamron 35-90 lens. What have I done wrong?

Thank you for your help,

Allan

02-25-2009, 08:20 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I don't know lightroom, but my guess is you have done nothing wrong.

I have other software that will occasionally give back the wrong lens information. I think it stems from the fact that our cameras record lens information as a numerical code, and there is a limited number of numerical codes out there or the companies don't always cross-reference each other and choose the same numerical code.

This especially seems to be a problem with some Sigma lenses which can have the same code as Tamron or Pentax lenses.

I'm not sure what the solution is other than to notify Lightroom of the error.

I do suggest using PhotoMe to see what it reports back as a lens. You can get a better idea of whether this will be a global software problem or limited to just Lightroom.
02-25-2009, 08:42 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
You've done nothing wrong. LR2 and other apps don't have all every lens in their database. Shots from my DA18-250 and Tam17-50 come up as "unknown" and shots from the Sigma17-35 I had last year come up as "Tamron 35-90 or equiv."