Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-07-2009, 03:00 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
PhotoME shows EXIF but PPG says it is missing?

Has this ever happened to anyone else after doing PP on a photo? My JPEGs when read by PhotoMe shows all the relevant EXIF data that is called out by the PPG "details" section. However uploads fail citing bad EXIF. Can someone tell me what needs to be present so that I can just edit the EXIF data myself?

03-07-2009, 05:03 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I don't know exactly what would be missing, but I have been using exifer if I have an application that strips the exif. You can copy the exif from the original and apply it to the processed file. It's a free download too.
03-07-2009, 11:18 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks. I was using PhotoMe for that purpose but since I started shooting RAW I just found out that PhotoMe will only export EXIF data from JPEG sources not RAW sources. From what I figure out it is a future feature that is not currently supported. Does anyone know of a good tool to export EXIF data from a PEF file?
07-01-2009, 09:12 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
For those of you interested I figured out what was going on. It looks like my workflow software, lightzone, uses JFIF to tag the JPEG when converting from PEF. While pretty much every other program and hosting site can read either it seems that PPG works only with EXIF. So to fix this you have two options:

1. Upload picture and a "scanned" image and fill in the missing info in the Notes section
2. Use exiftool to covert the tags to EXIF using the following command string:
  • exiftool -all= -tagsFromFile FROM_FILE.jpg -exif:all TO_FILE.jpg

Either one should work. I think option 2 is the easiest way of going about this as you can batch convert if you have several images.