Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-12-2009, 12:55 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very wishful thinking for dslrs-opinion

i was just wondering if it is possible to look at a captured photo and use the magnification wheel and when you get to the enhanced area just "save as". I don't know if any cameras do this or if it can someday be done. It would really be neat to shoot--use the zoom feature -- and save it.just like cropping right in the camera before you bring it to your computer for further enhancement. Opinion? Charlie zap

03-12-2009, 01:08 PM   #2
Vil
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
I don't know. What's the big deal in cropping it on the PC if you are going to make further agustments there anyway?

Also, I once you crop it the camera there's no going back. I would hate regret a crop I made i camera later on.
03-12-2009, 01:21 PM   #3
Damn Brit

That function was available on one of the early Sony cybershots (I had one). It wouldn't be very useful on a DSLR for serious photographers because the LCD is not large enough to see sharpness of focus.

Moved to Everything Else which is a better fit for the question.
03-12-2009, 01:35 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
your fogetting that you can save the original and still have the cropped--both of them--zap
i would still like to have this feature than not.

03-12-2009, 02:45 PM   #5
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by charliezap Quote
your fogetting that you can save the original and still have the cropped--both of them--zap
i would still like to have this feature than not.
Go make a DSLR then.
03-12-2009, 05:11 PM   #6
Pentaxian

I think my Dad's compact does this!
03-13-2009, 08:06 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
do people use the digital filters on many of the pentax dslrs? some are useful but there are some that i may not use. i would like to see the cropping feature added to the filter menue. iwould use it a lot more than i would use for instance "illustration" the one that i use the most at present is "brightness". i know that you can do most of the corrections that you need in just about any good photo software but i would still like to see the cropping feature someday.

03-13-2009, 09:39 AM   #8
Pentaxian

I don't really see much use for a feature like that. I have trouble seeing the LCD well and many a picture that appears good on the LCD gets deleted after seeing them on the computer screen and saving an in camera crop would do no more than use up card space. It would also use up hard drive space as another copy would be uploaded and in the end I would probably want to re-edit again after seeing the shot on the large screen.