Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-16-2009, 12:42 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Edit Exif on iphoto

anyone know how to edit the metadata once uploaded onto iphoto.....i know how to make batch changes but i want to add focal length data for shots taken with my manual lenses.....

03-16-2009, 01:26 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I don't think you can do that within iPhoto, somebody correct me if I'm wrong. Maybe using keywords might be the next best thing. In the View menu > Keywords > Add Keywords.

The focal lengths of my manual primes are listed when I do a "Get Info" of a photo in iPhoto.
03-16-2009, 07:23 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery
iPhoto does not allow you to edit metadata, generally. There is a batch edit for changing dates. However, if you really want to make significant changes to your pictures' EXIF data, then I suggest using ExifTool. It has a bit of a learning curve, but it is extremely powerful.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
photography, photoshop