Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
03-18-2009, 11:29 PM   #1

I need a copy of PENTAX PHOTO Browser/Laboratory

I have lost my CD that can with my camera.
I had a look on the Pentax site but they only list an update.
Where can i find a full version?

03-19-2009, 01:09 AM   #2

The update package actually contains the full version. Download it, then open a command prompt and run it with "/s" to have it silently install everything without checking.

I've done that just to get the latest version without bothering with the CD first.
03-19-2009, 02:48 AM   #3

Original Poster
Hi Question

Thank you that worked 100%
03-20-2009, 11:41 AM   #4
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Quension Quote
The update package actually contains the full version. Download it, then open a command prompt and run it with "/s" to have it silently install everything without checking.

I've done that just to get the latest version without bothering with the CD first.
Thanks - worked in Windows 7 Beta.

03-21-2009, 08:09 AM   #5
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Quension Quote

Anyone know how to do this on a mac?
03-21-2009, 08:11 PM   #6

QuoteOriginally posted by Pilotcrabby Quote
Get and run Pacifist, and drag the Pentax installer package onto it. When it opens, click the top "Contents of" item to select everything, then Install from the toolbar.

Pacifist is able to completely take apart installer packages, but the most useful thing it does in this case is not run the preinstall check.
03-21-2009, 11:01 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Quension, thanks for the Pacifist link above. Looks very suitable for this and other purposes. CharlesSoft is reputable and the Kagi payment system is well known to Mac users, so no fear.

05-11-2009, 01:57 PM   #8

Yep its simple

QuoteOriginally posted by Pilotcrabby Quote

Download the package. Right click (option click) and tell it to open contents. Inside you'll find an couple of folders one has a zip archive file double click it and it installs

Cj.
05-17-2009, 01:08 AM   #9

Could anyone please detail what it means to run in silent mode? a little step by step would be most appreciated.

what does it mean to run it silently?

Thanks I lost my cd and now pentax won't help... I will have to purchase a cd if I want the software.
05-17-2009, 12:25 PM - 1 Like   #10

QuoteOriginally posted by unity001 Quote
Could anyone please detail what it means to run in silent mode?
It means the installer won't show the normal messages and options to choose where to install, whether to install one or both programs, etc -- it just installs everything to the usual places without asking.

QuoteQuote:
a little step by step would be most appreciated.
Download the update from the Pentax site, and save it to the Desktop. If your browser saves it somewhere else, like in My Documents or a Downloads folder, move it to the Desktop.

Go to Start->Run and enter this:
cmd

A command prompt window should open. In it, enter this to point it to the desktop:
cd Desktop

Now enter the name of the file, followed by a space, and "/s". At the time I write this, the version on the web site is 3.61, so when you enter it properly it should look like this:
pblv0361 /s
or like this:
pblv0361.exe /s

After entering that, it should bring up the installer window. When it's done, you'll find the two programs in the usual place on the Start menu.
05-17-2009, 02:50 PM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by unity001 Quote
Could anyone please detail what it means to run in silent mode? a little step by step would be most appreciated.

what does it mean to run it silently?

Thanks I lost my cd and now pentax won't help... I will have to purchase a cd if I want the software.
I'm sure am glad somebody asked this 'coz I also am not that computer literate..hehe.
I just know how to run the programs but when it crashes or anything of the sort..I'm usually screwed!

Thanks Quension!
05-18-2009, 05:05 AM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by GerryL Quote
I'm sure am glad somebody asked this 'coz I also am not that computer literate..hehe.
I just know how to run the programs but when it crashes or anything of the sort..I'm usually screwed!

Thanks Quension!
Same here. It makes me feel better when I see other people struggling like me.
05-18-2009, 01:05 PM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pnbllwzrd Quote
Download the package. Right click (option click) and tell it to open contents. Inside you'll find an couple of folders one has a zip archive file double click it and it installs

Cj.
I just downloaded the update. Didn't know it exsisted. Was painless. Asked me where to install and I selected the Applications folder.
05-18-2009, 03:21 PM   #14
Veteran Member

On Mac, Right Click, Show Package Contents, open Contents > Resources > InstallationCheck, Change the last line from "exit($EXIT_VALUE);" to "exit(0);" Then just run installer as normal.
11-26-2009, 02:28 PM   #15
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Worked like a charm - many thanks, nixcamic.