Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-11-2009, 02:59 AM   #1

Picasa 3 problem.

When I put a 2GB SD into the reader/slot in my laptop to import to Picasa, it showed all the photos (about 220), but when it got to loading about 185, it stopped and said, "An error has occurred during importing. Either the source is unavailable or the destination is full or read only (2)." I saved the 185, put the disc back in my camera and deleted all but the ones that hadn't imported and then tried to import those remaining 35 or so shots onto Picasa again. The same message came up. I'm really new to this and have no idea what the problem may be. Thanks for any help.

04-11-2009, 03:12 AM   #2
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by EdD Quote
"An error has occurred during importing. Either the source is unavailable or the destination is full or read only (2)."
Looks like your harddisk is full, at least the part where Picasa tries to store the images.
04-11-2009, 09:39 AM   #3
EdD

Original Poster
I just ran off about 20 shots on another disc and they loaded in a new folder in Picasa (automatically) just fine. ???
04-11-2009, 10:26 AM   #4
EdD

Original Poster
I only have a few hundred images loaded on Picasa. When I originally put in the SD card a box came up asking if I wanted Picasa as default whenever I put an SD card in the laptop slot. I checked yes, and now as soon as I put the card in it goes right to Picasa and the problem I described above. I'm not sure how to get back to that box and uncheck Picasa so I can upload them to another file and then try from there. I know this is a computer literacy issue, but I'm pretty illiterate here (as must be obvious.) I only have a few hundred images saved on Picasa and didn't think space would be any problem. I also put a different SD in the laptop reader and they imported to a new folder in Picasa fine. I also was able to transfer existing images (from other folders) to the original folder which wouldn't complete for me. It seems that it's just these remaining images on the card which are getting refused. Can someone please tell me how to uncheck Picasa as the default as soon as the SD is put into my computer? I don't even know where to go to find this.

04-11-2009, 10:44 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
When Picasa pops up on insert of the SD card, simply close Picasa without doing anything. On a PC [Alt-F4] or click the [X] in the top right corner. This way you can see if the problem is with the card or with Picasa. When you have shut Picasa down, you can then open the SD card as if it were another disk drive, and look at the images.

On PC running Windows.
- Right click [Start]
- Left click [Explore] and wait until it's ready
- Left click [-] beside C:
- Double click the drive letter where your SD card is
- Double click the DCIM folder if it shows up to open it
- Keep going down the directories until you see the image files
- Right click the first image
- Left click [Preview] to open the Windows Picure viewer

Now you can look at the images. It may be as you are clicking the [|>} to go to the next image, it refuses at one point, or says that it cannot open a particular image. That indicates a damaged file. [|>] again and see if you can open the next file. If you can, you should be able to grab the remaining images and put them in your My Pictures folder somewhere.

Good luck!
04-12-2009, 03:33 AM   #6
EdD

Original Poster
Thanks, CR.