Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-07-2009, 05:40 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm no Mac fanboy, but...

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
You guys do tend to over anylize these things a bit.
Don't forget that the majority of us use computers the same way we use cars.
I don't even change my own oil. It's tool that takes me from point a to b, and it had better make it as easy for me as is possible.
At the same time, I like to have some control over the thing, which is why I insist on a steering wheel and a gas pedal, and is also why I use a PC rather than a Mac.
I just switched to Mac from PC after nearly 30 years. I go back so far, in fact, that I learned in CP/M and DOS before the mouse came to home computers in 1981. Having used every Windows OS and Office program since, plus Adobe, Corel and a dozen other graphic intensive 2D applications, on everything from a 64KB Kaypro "portable" up through an Intel QuadCore2 screamer , I can say without reservation that the Mac interface and OS just works better and more intuitively than any PC. If you write code or spend time in your BIOS or reconfiguring deep system operations frequently, the PC is still the lead dog. But for photography, Mac offers just as much control over the process with a lot less upfront hassle and a more trouble-free operation.

No, I haven't become a Mac fanboy, and my opinion may change when my new PS4 for Mac comes in, but if it works as seamlessly as Aperture 2 or even the entry-level iPhoto, Mac is the way to go for photography work. Or so it seems to me, so far,
Brian