Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-24-2009, 02:27 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Photome - whats up ?

It seems i have the only version of Photome that doesnt show shutter count for my Cam.

Apparently, there's a heading called Shutter count - but there isnt one in mine. Also, in the "find" bar i typed ' Shutter count ' as advised , but next to the find bar, is a white cross on red square... i typed Shutter Count in the Find bar, the whole bar turned red, and didnt do anything.

The photo i loaded in was an unadulterated .JPG original. Massive amount of info etc, but shutter count missing. I uninstalled this prog, and downloaded another from the Photome people, and made sure it was the latest - but still nothing.

Its a mystery, so has anyone got any ideas ?

Thanks

Last edited by Squier; 04-24-2009 at 05:49 PM.
04-24-2009, 05:44 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi, I using Ver 0.79R17 (Build 856) of PhotoMe and the shutter count line is about 1/3 of the way down, right after the section about Shake Reduction (SR Result) - this was for a photo taken with my K200D.

I also checked an older photo taken with my *ist DS - the shutter count is is just above the section titled "Camera Settings" - a little over a 1/3 of the way down.

And, by the by, if my version has a "find" function, I can't find it (pun intended!!)
04-24-2009, 06:05 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hiya - well, i dont know what the hell is going on here, as i'm on the 2nd download of this prog, and its no different. I have no ' Shutter Count ' in any of the fields. How do you check for which version you have ? Maybe i've got some joke version !!

I have the silly FIND bar, ..its right at the end, and which incidently, doesnt even work.

04-24-2009, 06:24 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Ok, just to prove there's no Shutter Count anywhere on the list - i've taken screen shots of the whole prog with my photo loaded in. I've overlapped the shots so that nothing is missing.

04-24-2009, 07:34 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hmmmmmm, only other thing I can think of is to make sure that under "Settings" --> "Options" --> you don't have "Suppressed Tags" checked.

In looking at your screen shots, you are missing an entire section called "Manufacturer Notes" - the shutter count is within this section.

Edit: I "found" the find bar - it works and finds "shutter".

Last edited by ChipB; 04-24-2009 at 07:36 PM. Reason: Additional info
04-24-2009, 07:42 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
For some reason, I only get the shutter count with raw PEF files....never with JPEGs.
04-24-2009, 08:26 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I only get the shutter count in the Mfg Notes section with raw files. It does not show this section when loading a jpeg or tiff file. I tried this with both versions of the program that are available on the website

04-24-2009, 08:53 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I show the shutter count with JPEGs.

The problem the OP is having seems to be related to the fact the he's missing the entire "Manufacturers Notes" section - not the file type.

Edit: I just found a .PEF (Pentax Raw) file - I show the shutter count for this also.

Last edited by ChipB; 04-24-2009 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Add'l info
04-24-2009, 09:44 PM   #9

QuoteOriginally posted by Squier Quote
The photo i loaded in was an unadulterated .JPG original.
No, your follow-up screenshots show it was edited/processed with CS4. Once an image has been through an editor, especially one that loves to do things its own way, all bets are off.

Try a file straight from the camera (raw or jpeg, PhotoME can read both).
04-25-2009, 02:01 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for the input guys - i was under the impression i loaded in an unmessed with photo - i'll try another and report back

Thanks for the help !
04-25-2009, 02:13 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
More thanks to you guys - loaded in a clean image and manufacturers notes appeared, and shutter count was found to be 1207 - i expected a lot more, as i bought this 10D 2nd hand from a shop

Nice !