Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-09-2009, 08:16 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I've had PSElements 5 and I never got around to using it as my daily editor. I made the move to Lightroom 2 (along with a Kelby book) and that has really moved my editing along. I can also easily jump from LR to PSE if I need to for the rare occasion that I need more. However, LR covers 99% of my editing and all of my catalog needs.

I'd say go with LR and when/if you need more, they upgrade your Photoshop. However, I think you'll be hard pressed to outgrow what you have now.

05-09-2009, 09:57 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My vote is for Lightroom plus Elements. Less expensive that CS, and does everything necessary for photos.
05-09-2009, 10:05 PM   #18
Veteran Member

I find Lightroom much easier now that I know how to use it better. At first I liked CS4 more, but Lightroom allows me to work much faster.
05-10-2009, 12:19 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteQuote:
My vote is for Lightroom plus Elements. Less expensive that CS, and does everything necessary for photos.
This combination gets my vote. JIM

05-10-2009, 01:07 PM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jct us101 Quote
I find Lightroom much easier now that I know how to use it better. At first I liked CS4 more, but Lightroom allows me to work much faster.
As you already have CS4, just attach it to [Ctrl][E] in Lightroom and it is just a click away when LR cannot handle a particular function. That is how I have Elements 6 set up on my system.
05-11-2009, 05:28 AM   #21

Lightroom, a photographer will generally use a large percentage of Lightroom's functions, and very little of the functionality of Photoshop.

From a value for money angle, Lightroom makes far more sense.
05-11-2009, 10:46 AM   #22
Veteran Member

I may be missing something but the weakness of LR is the lack of a selection tool to selectively edit parts of the image. If it had that you'd not need Photoshop for much at all.

05-11-2009, 05:00 PM   #23

QuoteOriginally posted by Alfisti Quote
I may be missing something but the weakness of LR is the lack of a selection tool to selectively edit parts of the image. If it had that you'd not need Photoshop for much at all.
Lightroom has that ability now, although of course it isn't anywhere near as advanced as Photoshop.
05-11-2009, 08:58 PM   #24
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Alfisti Quote
It has added healing brush and another, but I find it easier to [Ctrl][E] out to PS Elements 6 to do the work.

QuoteOriginally posted by Maxington Quote
Lightroom has that ability now, although of course it isn't anywhere near as advanced as Photoshop.