Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-29-2009, 09:12 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
help with greeting card stock

I started off using Office Depot's white glossy greeting card stock, but when I run it through my Canon printers (IP3600 and IP4300) the printer leaves tracking marks on the image (thin sets of parallel lines of dots).

Anyone know what kinds of greeting card stock I could use to avoid this problem?

I ran a sheet of Canon glossy photo paper through the printer to compare it with the card stock, and the thinner Canon paper did better than the stock, though still not perfect.

04-29-2009, 11:07 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Some photo papers are not right for all printers. The lines (dotted) you are getting, come from the printers "out" paper guides. The are like a couple of dented very small wheels. In fact, most home printers have them.

It seems the ink is not "setting" fast enough for the Office Depot paper. That is why you are not getting the lines with the canon paper.

I know there are several OEM photo papers available, but you may check availabitly in your area. Some places even give out samples you can try with your printer.
04-29-2009, 01:20 PM   #3
graphicgr8s

If your just doing a few take it to a print shop and let hem run it through their color equipment. It's all dry toner so it should look really good. Especially if it's a Xerox box.
04-29-2009, 08:25 PM   #4
ramshot

I have a Canon iP5200 and I use the Avery 3297 Half Fold cards all the time. Never have had any problems. You might want to run the printer thru a cleaning process also. On mine in the Properties there is a Maintenance tab that has different cleaning functions you can do to the printer. Not sure if this applies to your model.