Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-16-2007, 05:11 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 1.0

I browsed the threads, but found nothing about Adobe PS LR .
I use it these days and felt it readly a very very good software for adjusting pic .I think it's better then Silkpix and always show me pleasantly surprised.

04-17-2007, 05:52 AM   #2

I've been using LR 1.0 for two months now. I was never fond of Adobe Bridge and Adobe Raw. LR interface is so easy and organized, it compeltely replaced those apps. I have not seen CS3 Bridge and Raw yet but from what I've read LR still kicks butt!
04-17-2007, 07:15 AM   #3
Inactive Account

lightroom is awesome... shame the demo ran out on me :-(
04-17-2007, 02:32 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Christian Quote
lightroom is awesome... shame the demo ran out on me :-(
Same here, ever since the original release of the demo, I've used it extensively on every JPEG and RAW files with Canon and Pentax, and was more than pleased with its great interface, logical layout (non of the "separate blocks" like the Pentax software - like the results, but drives me nuts!!!) and equally importantl - flow of the processing.

I think I just have to bite a bullet and work a weekend to buy this thing!

Regards,
D

04-17-2007, 04:54 PM   #5

Lightroom is absolutely amazing. Without it, I don't think as many of my images would be altered at all. When I used Bridge and ACR, a few images a shoot got good RAW conversion and photoshopping, while the rest were batch converted into jpeg. LR makes shooting RAW worth the effort.
04-20-2007, 03:38 PM   #6
Veteran Member

been playing with LR for about a month . had a heck of a time understand some things , so i bought a book and tapped into the guys at NAPP.com for some feedback, they were informative, and Lr evolved into a marvelous wonder. Too, Napp does have some videostuff on LR thats pretty informative for anyone interested.
04-20-2007, 09:45 PM   #7
PDL
Pentaxian

I used LR as a beta and sort of liked it - enought to spend the 150 USD to buy it. I stumbled across this site:
White Balance Reference - WhiBal Gray Card - Digital Photo RAW Workflow
that has a nice set of LR tutorials - not many but they did help. There should be some additional ones out there.

As for functionality - I did export a few images (*ist Ds) out of LR and printed them at 8x12, 12x18 and 20x30 at Costco. All of them came out just fine - now I have to figure out where to get them mounted.

PDL

05-04-2007, 05:49 PM   #8
Forum Member

Good thing about lightroom is that you can create your own presets. You can also download ~80 usable presets here . Just download and install.
05-05-2007, 08:44 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

very cool!

Thanks!
05-05-2007, 04:51 PM   #10

I am trying to make the step towards shooting RAW on a regular basis, and right know I want to know if Lightroom is worth the effort of learning. I know that the Lightroom library is the core of the whole application, and you can customize it, and star rate your photos, that is great. But what will happen to all of these adjustments when I have to reinstall the application and the operating system? (I do this rather often). Does LR have the option of exporting your settings? I didn't see it. Are the star rattings embeded in the files somewhere?

Thanks,
Marian

Last edited by zorobabel; 05-05-2007 at 05:00 PM.