Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-09-2009, 01:12 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Pentax camera software

I have an issue with installing the Pentax camera software (Browser 3 and Laboratory 3) on my Mac Pro Intel OSX 10.5.6.
The original version on the CD (= Version 3.10) would not install and the updates from the Pentax website neither.
The CD is intended, according to the info incloused in the innitial softwaer (dous not follows the users manual), for Mac power PC (OSX 10.2 and higher, but how high?).
The update via the website is intended for Intel processors OSX 10.5.X (Version 3.61) and would not install without the original (V. 3.30) already on the Hard Disc (witch is impossible because it is actually intended for a Power PC).
This makes the circle closed...
I wanted to use the Pentax software for the 16-50 mm F 2.8 lens corrections.

Any ideas?

05-09-2009, 06:39 AM   #2
mbh

I ran into a similar problem. There is a thread somewhere with advise that goes something like this:

Select one of the chinese languages on the install screen rather than English (or French??) and with any luck your install will proceed. Don't worry about selecting one of the chinese languages as your computer's default language setting will be applied.
05-09-2009, 11:16 AM   #3

The updater should work just by having the original CD in the drive (installed or not), but you can also install directly from the update.