Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-19-2007, 06:18 PM   #1

shake reduction revelation

In case you haven't noticed...

k10d shake reduction engages only after 1/2 second or so after halfway depressing the shutter release button (you'll see the little ((hand)) in the bottom left of the viewfinder). I couldn't figure out why some of my in focus pictures were sharp and some were blurry- now I know.

TIP: hold down the shutter button halfway and wait for something to happen- fire when ready. The "throw up the camera and hit the button" snaps are at the mercy of your nerves.

John

04-20-2007, 12:04 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hehe, thanks for the heads up. Most times i just point, focus and shoot with the 200mm, being impatient and all. Next time i'll remeber to wait for the "all clear" signal
04-20-2007, 07:15 AM   #3

Original Poster
If you have the AF decoupled from the shutter release button, you can press and hold that button halfway as you're lifting the camera to your face. By the time it's there, SR should be on. This method works even better for manual focus, as you don't have to coordinate using the AF button with maintaining equal pressure on the shutter release button- my thumb hurts just thinking about it.

John