Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-09-2009, 04:57 PM   #1

Epson 1400 won't print this photo correctly..is it icc profile problem or cleaning?

hey yall, this is my first post...

so the problem im having is with my new epson 1400 printer, it is not printing pictures all the way.. in the picture that i have attached u can see the printer is missing the dark shadows of the hat, and also around his jacket... im kinda new to the epson printers, i use to have a canon i9900..

make a long story short, i have done print head cleaning many times, even though the printer is less than 1 month old, i have printed maybe 10 times...

or do u think its a setting problem....

i am using a epson 1400, with the inkjetfly CIS ..running it on XP, photoshop cs2..
also pigment ink...

any suggestions.. take a look at photos...there is a original, then a print before gettin profiles, and then after install profiles.... i dont know what to think?

Attached Images

06-09-2009, 05:47 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
First thought would be to print it with regular ink tanks. I've had mixed luck with CIS, and I've heard mostly mixed reviews on them as well.

I have the 1400 as well, and I actually unintentionally left it sit idle for months in the bottom of my closet...took it out a couple weeks back and printed several pictures, all came out very nicely, in spite of the ink having 4+months of no activity to dry out...that i could not have done with CIS.

Only issue i have had with that printer is connecting through my AirPort, which required a different driver.

the other idea would be cleaning, assuming it had made clean and correct prints not that long ago.
06-09-2009, 06:00 PM   #3

Original Poster
so you think this has nothing to do with profiles... and also the company i got this from has good reputation, dont think its the cis.... i think, but dont know(lol) its the cleaning or profiles, i have clean it many times though...i try a few more..all help needed thanks
06-09-2009, 07:03 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Try the Epson ink that belongs in that printer first then check your settings. I have never had a print look like that from my 1400.

06-09-2009, 09:18 PM   #5

Original Poster
ok...thanks .... so i replace the inkjetfly cis ink, with the regular ink that the epson 1400 came with (Claria) and then picture came out perfect as shown below...then i put back in inkjetfly cis ink, and it went back to the same crap....

so in conculsion to this reply there is a problem with the profile, how do i make it right..?
Attached Images

06-09-2009, 10:46 PM   #6

I got a purplish color cast the first time I printed with the 1400 and simply removed the color management from within the print settings in Aperture (with genuine Epson ink). In XP You might just have to hunt for the setting that removes the printer color management or sets it to off.
06-10-2009, 07:07 AM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by wegottees Quote
ok...thanks .... so i replace the inkjetfly cis ink, with the regular ink that the epson 1400 came with (Claria) and then picture came out perfect as shown below...then i put back in inkjetfly cis ink, and it went back to the same crap....

so in conculsion to this reply there is a problem with the profile, how do i make it right..?
Talk to the ink manufacturer, the banding you are getting looks more like the ink is clogging the heads than a bad profile.
06-10-2009, 09:16 AM   #8

Original Poster
does anyone know the steps for loading profile in photoshop, there are so many options, has any used ink from inkjetfly

06-10-2009, 07:45 PM   #9
Veteran Member

i never mucked with profiles too much, ive always been really pleased with the 1400 in terms of print quality.

based on it clearly being an ink issue, i doubt profile tinkering is the way. Sure seems to be the CIS, either you got a bad one, or something else.

the one time I tried those I gave up quickly, ditto the self refill kits. more hassle than worth, unreliable, etc. i know some have luck....but i am not one of those. plus, for me anyways, i don't print such a high volume that i would benefit from one.

id say reach out to the provider, for help, a replacement or something. otherwise, stick with epson inks in the short term