Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-22-2009, 06:33 PM   #1

Peer pressure for iPhone remote control app!

For all you iPhone users who have seen onOne's new dslr remote app for Canon cameras and wish they made one for us Pentax users, please follow this link and place a vote for a pentax version

iPhone App from onOne - One onOne with Mike Wong

If we bombard them with requests they might just do it!

06-22-2009, 06:49 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
They can do this on EOS because there's an API for controlling EOS cameras from the computer via a USB connection. Unless there's something similar for Pentax DSLRs that I am not aware of, harassing the app developer won't achieve squat, I'm afraid.
06-22-2009, 07:14 PM   #3

Original Poster
Sorry that it came across like I was urging people to harrass the developers...
They've asked people to let them know which cameras we would like to see this developed for. Quote: "As for Olympus, Pentax and Sony, it would be good to hear from more of you so if you fall into one of those camps and want this app to support those cameras, please spread the word and have them leave a comment."
They are currently working out the bugs for Nikon cameras and it will probably be released as an update in about 2-3 weeks. If enough Pentax users let them know we want it to, I thought they might have then started working towards a version for us.
06-23-2009, 12:55 PM   #4
Veteran Member

..if I had an i-Phone..but this would be a pretty expensive remote control to buy.
I'd just get the regular pentax remotes that cost less then $10 and last a long time.

06-27-2009, 03:33 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Pentax Remote Assistant has been around for some time, but the problem with it is that it doesn't seem to be able to use the LiveView available in the K20D, so it needs to fire a test shot that doesn't appear in the memory card, only on your computer.

However, if you find Remote Assistant useful, the iPhone add-on may enhance it.

Thanks, Desi, for pointing this out. I went in and voted for a Pentax version.
06-27-2009, 10:28 PM   #6
Damn Brit

I think PP, Printing, Software and Darkroom is more appropriate for this than camera accessories.
06-29-2009, 05:06 PM   #7

Original Poster
Thanks RobA_Oz. Unfortunately I can't use Remote Assistant with my k200d (darn it) but I'll eventually be upgrading to a compatible dslr and by then I hope they have also made this app compatible with Pentax cameras. It looks pretty nifty. Until then I'll just keep using my Pentax F remote (sigh).