Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-24-2009, 06:22 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Lightroom 2.4 Patch/Upgrade Released

Fired up LR this morning and was greeted by a message that v2.4 was available for download.

Minor upgrade to fix a few annoyances with cropping and added some camera support for the likes of the Nikon D5000 and the Pentax K-7.

So how's that work? The K-7 isn't due to hit the streets until middle of next month, there aren't even any "production" units out there yet with tweaks to the sensor and firmware based on the "beta" - but Adobe has had the data it needs to build an accurate camera profile long enough for them to get it into ACR5.4?

06-25-2009, 03:24 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
word of caution...if using Windows XP (dunno if this applies to Vista) if you just moved the shortcut to a the previous version of LR from the desktop to your shortcut toolbar, this update breaks that shortcut saved/moved to the toolbar. One just either needs to edit the short cut or delete it and creat a new one or use the one added to the desktop.

This is my first time though the LR update cycle (started with 1.4 and just upgraded to 2.x this weekend) so I am not sure if this is the normal behavior or not...just thought it worth mentioning in case someone who does not know how to fix it reads the thread.
06-25-2009, 07:25 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
The upgrade did create a new folder for v2.4 for me as well though it did not going from 2.0 to 2.2 to 2.3. It removed everything but the "resources" folder up under the LR2.3 folder so no real harm, just slightly annoying..
06-25-2009, 07:33 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
yeah, that is what I found also. Funny they would do something like this, but it is Adode, just another AmeriCorp with a desire to dominate the globe using High Street prices and Pancott labor all financed from China...hehehehe. I used to LOVE Dreamweaver & Flash...once upon a time.

Not as bad as my being unaware of the upgrade not uninstalling v1.4 from my system. W/O paying attention I could not figure out where some new menu options were diappearing when I was installing some new/updated plugins for LR2.x...the silly quick launck icon pointed to v1.4 and the desktop to v2.x...gotta stop doing all this on autopilot I suppose.

06-26-2009, 09:07 PM   #5

The new version appears to be OK to me. Installed without drama.
Ron