Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-26-2009, 10:13 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Help please with colour cast issues with ACR and CS4

I have noticed a very slight turquoise colour cast in the skies of my images.

Typically, I use ACR to do some edits, open in CS4 for some more edits, then convert to 8-bit, sRGB, and save as JPEG.

Now the strange bit is when I open the same JPEG in CS4 and some other program like PhotoStudio 5.5 or Windows Picture & Fax viewer side by side. The sky in CS4 is fine (as I edited it to appear). But the sky in the other program, and on the internet and so on, has a kind of turquoise colour cast to it.

Is there a setting I'm missing? Or something in ACR under camera calibration settings that CS4 resolves but not other programs? Are the colours correct but not displayed through the calibrated monitor profile for all programs except ACR and CS4?

I'm pretty frustrated because it's a slight but noticeable difference and I can't resolve it.

Help please if you can.

These are my Color Settings for CS4:

Last edited by kcmadr; 08-06-2009 at 06:20 PM.
06-29-2009, 02:43 PM   #2

Color Management

Some software is aware of your monitor profile and some are not. I don't believe that Internet Explorer is aware and does not use your monitor calibration. Photoshop is applying the calibration profile and this is, most likely, why you are seeing slightly different color values. Firefox can use your monitor profile with a color management add-in but it doesn't come that way in the default download.
06-29-2009, 07:15 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by felix68 Quote
Some software is aware of your monitor profile and some are not. I don't believe that Internet Explorer is aware and does not use your monitor calibration. Photoshop is applying the calibration profile and this is, most likely, why you are seeing slightly different color values. Firefox can use your monitor profile with a color management add-in but it doesn't come that way in the default download.

Thank you!!!

Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!

I was afraid I might have to re-do all my PPG submissions, but your tip saved me from doing that and finding out it wouldn't solve the problem.

I'm so pleased right now!

I'm going to have a drink for you.
06-30-2009, 08:11 AM   #4

Happy to Help

Happy to help and you're welcome. Color management can really be a pain in the rear end!