Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hmmm, mostly alcohol.

07-04-2009, 01:59 PM   #32
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Yeah, that's what nesster recommended also. Thanks Jim.

I had another I was looking at also, it was in Texas but looking at their prices, they are more than Dwayne's. So, I'll probably go with them.

Ahab, say what? is mostly alcohol?
07-05-2009, 02:40 AM   #33

Hello All, It must be about 40 years since I last thought about the chemistry needed to process B&W film. It is interesting to see D-76 and ID-11 is still used. I mixed my first batch of D-76 about 60 years ago. Itook to using Kodalk in the formula (DK-76). The Ilford formulation had the advantage that it used Bromophem as a substitute for Metol (also called Elon). Negligable difference in performance.
The names C-41 and EP3 followed by EP-2 (a two bath process) became more familiar. Paper came in 100 m. rolls (or longer) 8", 5", 3 1/2" Prints were procesed in an Expediter 24" processor (just a fugitive from the E-RAY lab where it gave rapid access to your X-Rays)
Took a lot of the fun out of it, BUT ...
I must say that the Mamiya RB67 and 2 1/4" swuare Hasselblad were not producing the quality my K-20D + LR2 + Epson Stylus Photo R800 can do today! Time marches on.
What should any good photographer do if they happen on the scene of a disaster?
KEEP ON SHOOTING, OF COURSE!
Ron McDermott