Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-01-2009, 10:16 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Picture Window Pro

Is anyone familiar with this software? I've been searching for some user opinions and can't seem to find any. I'm looking for an all-in-one raw processor/ photo editor that is affordable and not too tough to learn, with good apps that produces nice results.....too much to ask, I'm sure! I tried the 30 day trial of PWP, and it seems to work with Pentax PEF files, but I'm wondering how this converter compares with the other more popular processors. All advice appreciated!

07-01-2009, 10:35 AM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kiwibird Quote
Is anyone familiar with this software? I've been searching for some user opinions and can't seem to find any. I'm looking for an all-in-one raw processor/ photo editor that is affordable and not too tough to learn, with good apps that produces nice results.....too much to ask, I'm sure! I tried the 30 day trial of PWP, and it seems to work with Pentax PEF files, but I'm wondering how this converter compares with the other more popular processors. All advice appreciated!
Never heard of it, but why don't you run a trial on some of the other popular software or even trial a free program like Raw Therapee or UFRAW.

As you look around the forums, you'll see that different people have different opinions of the different software... i.e. if a program works for you, go with it. There are so many factors that go into a decision.

As for your criteria, you have to ask yourself what features are the most important, what cost are you willing to live with, and how complicated is the program... That is where I think some people under-appreciate a program like RawTherapee. It isn't that the program is perfect (it isn't), but it has a large selection of features and makes a good program to play with that will tell you what features you'd like to have and what you'd like to see be better. It is free too, so I found it a great program to work with for quite a while, no pressure of a trial period, which let me then trial other programs for how they improved on Raw Therapee.
07-01-2009, 10:37 AM   #3
Veteran Member

I strongly recommend LightZone. Right now you can purchase it for 99.95USD:

LightZone lightcrafts

It is my only workflow tool and was very intuitive for me to learn.