Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-04-2009, 09:06 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Paint Shop Pro Basics Reference

I recently received my new K20D and upgraded my Paint Shop Pro to Ultimate. There are a number of online tutorials and I also picked up their book on retouching. However, I can't find any reference or tutorial on basics such as layers and their use. Even the tutorials which show all the intermediate steps of masking layers, adjustment layers, etc. don't finish the job and show you what you need to do the save the bloody thing correctly.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Rich

07-04-2009, 03:22 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hello,

First, congratulations for your camera and PSP.

There are a lot of tutorials on the net. Search with Google "Paint Shop Pro X2 Layers" and you will find what you need.

One more point, some K20D dark photos will be too lighten by PSP. The only solution is saving the photo in Pentax Photo Browser as Tiff 16 bit.

Frédéric
07-04-2009, 03:28 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thank you Frédéric,

I had searched for Paintshop Pro tutorials but for some reason I never specifically searched for layers. Needless to say the results of the two searches are completely different. While I haven't gone into any in detail, the titles I see are apparently just what I needed.

Thanks again,

Rich

Also, thanks for the tip on the tiff files.
07-04-2009, 07:26 PM   #4
Veteran Member

You might want to use a little caution with PSPx2. The RAW converter isn't terribly accurate and tends to blow highlights very easily. I started a thread with examples of the troubles I was having elswhere in this topic. I hear that they have an update that makes it better, but it never came to my computer so I pretty much gave up on the program. Good luck, and I hope you don't run into the same issues I did.

07-05-2009, 02:46 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

You only have to click on Help - Check for updates...