Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-17-2009, 02:15 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Another very simple effective tool is Stepoks Raw Importer

Dylan

07-17-2009, 05:59 PM   #17
Veteran Member

I've been using Rawshooters Essentials, a discontinued Adobe product, for quite a while. I downloaded it somewhere on the web for free usage a couple of years ago. I too would like to see a head to head user comparison of some of the other offerings, as my limited experience with this one product doesn't give me the tools I need to make a decision as to whether there are other RAW conversion programs out there I might be happier with.
07-17-2009, 06:12 PM   #18

QuoteOriginally posted by Rodney9 Quote
Raw Therapee
X2

I really like the interface and like the results a lot.
07-17-2009, 09:33 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by quantum Quote
As brecklundin said, it'd be great to compare all the raw converters using a few raw files, like a kind of mass mini review. I could showcase DxO, ufraw and the Adobe raw capture.
Thanks I would have thought it would be an interesting test. I, honestly, am very inexperienced in image editing and conversion software though I was an IT director and later a software and network design consultant. Image tools have always baffled me no end. hehehehe...I can sit down and use almost ANY software w/o a manual with a HUGE exception of anything artistic. Before buying into the Adobe squirrel cage I was happy enough with MS Photodraw 2000 v2 for my graphics needs and whatever software came with my laptops (Dell's Image something or other).

So, the whole idea of RAW converters and there being differences between them is really a concept I never really gave a 2nd thought.

to me the best way to compare them is to have a group test of the same set of images in several different converters...leaving EXIF intact or who knows what was really done.

I would start a thread with the suggestion, but honestly, beyond thaving the method in my head, I have no what parameters to use in the process. Even if the app is not to be had on multiple platforms, it can only help to create examples from the same images so others on your given platform can benefit.

One question, how would we get example output to the thread as RAW formats are not gonna display. I suppose only JPG @ 100 IQ? Image size is another factor as well. so it gets too complicated for my brain these days. Still feel it would be fun though.

07-18-2009, 07:09 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Another vote for Raw Therapee.
07-18-2009, 07:57 AM   #21

LightRoom 2