Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-03-2009, 05:57 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by K McCall Quote
I made a tutorial explaining my thought-process and the steps I take when converting to black-and-white today. I was going to cross-post it on here (maybe in the articles?), but I was hoping for some feedback first. Does it make sense? For people who don't use Lightroom, is there anything useful in here at all? Is there anything that you disagree with, and if so, why?

The post is here: A Scenic World Blog Archive Why Do You Do the Things You Do?. Any feedback is appreciated. I'm not entirely sure who my audience is for my blog, but I would like for more people than not to find the stuff I write useful.
I wanted to thank you for a very nice and educational write-up on your process. I have been intending to start a thread asking for some tips doing exactly what you describe. I love B&W but never have gotten the hang of it in digital. Film I at least had half-a-clue due to a really good instructor a mumble-something decades ago...

I have it bookmarked and plan on really digging into the details soon as I have time.

Oh, I thought I would mention that I found a couple of those colored 'curvey' bottles from your one just super shot with them in the window and light comming through the window. I almost bought them to play with...then I got better...like I need MORE junk around here.

08-08-2009, 08:28 PM   #17

Thanks for the tips

That was actually a really useful guide that was easy to follow. Next time I decide to give B&W a go I've bookmarked it to follow from.

Cheers!!!