Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-09-2007, 09:13 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Lightroom & Vista.

I just attempted to install Lightroom on our new laptop that we recently purchased, and could not find success in getting it to install. The program kept hanging up, with a "Not Responding" error message always given. Our laptop came with the Vista OS, and I wonder if this might be the problem. I had purchased the download version of Lightroom (too anxious to wait on the shipped box), and burned the installation file to disk, for safekeeping. It is, naturally, working just fine on my desktop computer, but I would love to have it on our laptop also. Has anyone else encountered such a problem?

05-10-2007, 01:11 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery
I installed the trial version of Lightroom on my Vista machine and ran with problem.

Try right-clicking on the install file and select "Run as Administrator' - that may do the trick. Of course, your logon account must have administrator privileges.

Good luck....
05-10-2007, 07:54 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by chrisman Quote
I installed the trial version of Lightroom on my Vista machine and ran with problem.

Try right-clicking on the install file and select "Run as Administrator' - that may do the trick. Of course, your logon account must have administrator privileges.

Good luck....
Hi Chris,

There will be no problems, regarding the logon privileges matter - as this is our own laptop. I will definitely try what you have suggested, and hope that it proves to be the cure. My workflow, with Lightroom, will be handled on my desktop computer, but I would like to have it on our laptop for presentational purposes to future clients. My ACDsee Pro could serve that purpose also, but I much prefer Lightroom. We'll see what happens .

Thanks.
05-10-2007, 02:53 PM   #4

QuoteOriginally posted by NLAlston Quote
Hi Chris,

There will be no problems, regarding the logon privileges matter - as this is our own laptop. I will definitely try what you have suggested, and hope that it proves to be the cure. My workflow, with Lightroom, will be handled on my desktop computer, but I would like to have it on our laptop for presentational purposes to future clients. My ACDsee Pro could serve that purpose also, but I much prefer Lightroom. We'll see what happens .

Thanks.
Nathan, I've just re-read my original post (should have done so before I posted it!) - I meant say that Lightroom ran with NO problems..

Hope you've had success

05-10-2007, 07:13 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by chrisman Quote
Nathan, I've just re-read my original post (should have done so before I posted it!) - I meant say that Lightroom ran with NO problems..

Hope you've had success
No problem, Chris - I had assumed that, anyway. I really haven't had the chance to get around to trying it yet (I've really been so busy) - but it is nice to know that it isn't an issue with trying to run it under the Vista OS. I'll let you know how I make out.
05-10-2007, 08:07 PM   #6
Veteran Member

no problem with vista and lightroom here, but I have most of the security disabled.. all firewall, visrus, anti spam replaced by bitdefender and UAC turned off. I don't know if that is related?
05-13-2007, 01:54 PM   #7
PDL
Pentaxian

Just loaded Lightroom on Vista Ultimate. Everything turned on, have antivirus, firewall, antispam and UAC are all on. Works fine no problems other that the stuff that has gone on before (can't read compressed NTFS drives and will not play WMA files only mp3 (and with no selection of the song - just plays the first thing in the folder)).

But then I have been using Windows since v1.0 and stopped using home versions (Win 9anything) since NT came out in 91. Add into that I am a Sys Admin on 150+ Windows servers.

PDL

05-13-2007, 09:02 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
OK everyone. Guess what? Yes, I finally got Lightroom installed on our laptop. I did nothing different than before, and don't know what happened to create a favorable outcome, but it IS installed now. Maybe the laptop had to get used to me .

Thanks for all the help, anyway.