Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-14-2009, 10:56 PM   #1
Forum Member

Fine Art Inkjet paper

This is for those of you who do your own inkjet printing.

I have just tried Ilford's Galerie Gold Fibre Silk inkjet paper and I am nothing short of amazed!

ILFORD GALERIE

This fibre-based baryta inkjet paper shows incredible tonality and glow with both B&W and colour images, much better than anything I've used in the past (Moab, Hannemuhle, Epson, Harman). I'm using an Epson R2400 with standard K3 Ultrachrome inks and Ilford's profiles. Breathtaking! I'm going to use this paper exclusively for my gallery portfolios!

This paper is worthy of the term "Galerie".

08-14-2009, 11:21 PM   #2
Damn Brit

Thanks for passing that on Arie.
How do you find the 2400 and where do you get your inks if you don't mind me asking?
Have you tried inks other than Epsons own?
08-15-2009, 12:08 AM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Thanks for passing that on Arie.
How do you find the 2400 and where do you get your inks if you don't mind me asking?
Have you tried inks other than Epsons own?
Gary;

I'm extremely happy with my Epson R2400 and I'd love to have the R3800 if I regularly printed larger than 13" x 19". I hear some people complain about ink wastage and clogged nozzles with Epsons but I've never experienced this with either my R800 or R2400. Thr R2400 is also very versatile with its' paper handling paths/media thickness capabilities.

I've only used Epson's proprietary K3 Ultrachrome inks and I can easily find them locally at my favourite camera retailer here in Calgary (The Camera Store). I'm a frequent customer there who enjoys a 10% discount on my paper and ink purchases, so I haven't even bothered trying to find cheaper ink online.

Much of my work is B&W or toned images. I was considering setting up the R2400 as a dedicated B&W printer using Piezography neutral inks but with the results I'm now getting using the Ilford Galerie GoldFibre Silk paper and standard Epson inks, I see no need to do so.
08-16-2009, 03:11 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have also found that Ilford Galerie Gold Fibre Silk gives superb results from my Epson 2400. I generally print on Epson Ultra Premium Photo Paper Luster. But, if I find a real good keeper it goes on the Ilford paper with Ilford's profiles.
A good source for Epsons inks is:

Epson HP Canon Printer Inkjet Photo Papers Ink Cartridges ATLEX.COM

Tom

08-16-2009, 03:16 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I might also add... The smell of the baryta paper let's us workers in the digital realm almost imagine we're back in the darkroom.
Tom