Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-19-2009, 01:17 PM   #1
Forum Member

Raw file developer — RawStudio?

Hello everyone!

Until recently, I have been using RawTherapee, thinking how great its colours and demosaicing algorithms are.

But sadly, I've always considered the original Pentax software's colours (and image tones in general) to be far better. I have now discovered that the application called RawStudio features practically the same colours as the Pentax software. Although it doesn't feature all the stuff that RawTherapee does (and RT still wins hands-down in demosaicing quality), it's still worth a try. I really like it's workflow (the Tone Curve has a 'histogram' in the background, very helpful). Also, it's EXTREMELY fast!

So for anyone that's looking for a suitable application, it's definitely one to look at. Note though, it's only available for Linux, FreeBSD and Mac OS X systems.

(You can always apply advanced image modification in programs like The GIMP, anyway.)

Hope I've been helpful (and that my post isn't too confusingly-written),

— M. Nanthiel N.

P.s. I am in no way connected to the RawStudio project or anyone connected with the project. I'm doing this just to help, and because I'm glad I might have finally found a perfect raw developer for me. =)