Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-26-2009, 07:29 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Topaz Labs Software ?

Saw some stuff from Topaz labs, and it looks pretty good. There noise reduction is pretty easy to use, very powerful, yet keeps detail.

Anyone use there software, especially there DeNoise software.

Their other plugins look pretty good also, some have sorta like Lucus Art things that can be done.

wll

08-27-2009, 05:32 AM   #2
Veteran Member

I use their plugins

The default effects are often quite strong -- too strong as a matter of fact. Of course you can dial back the effect via the "advanced" options. Instead, I generally use one of the default filters on a layer, then adjust the opacity to suit.

I've used these plugins to rescue various shots that were let down by my lousy shooting. As always, it's better to get the shot right in the first place.
08-27-2009, 09:42 AM   #3

Denoise is definitely in the same league as the other big software (Noiseware, etc.). It is, however, very slow.

Adjust is quite good, and I have used it to replace LightZone's relight tool.

I have been playing with Detail and will probably buy. Again, very slow, but with very nice results.

The other poster's recommendation (Apply to a duplicate layer, then reduce opacity to taste) is quite sound. You can also use the fade command to achieve a similar result. Masking is also possible using the duplicate layer function.

HTH