Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-26-2009, 04:54 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
PSE 6, Mac, Actions

I installed some actions using instructions I found online to PSE 6 on my Mac. They installed fine but they only show up in the effects panel when PSE is launched from my admin account. The effects panel in PSE when launched from my user account is empty.
Anybody know how I can use the actions from my user account?
TIA

08-26-2009, 05:33 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Did you install them to "[Admin Account]>Library>Application Support>Adobe>Photoshop Elements>6.0"? If so, you installed the actions to the admin user library and not to the whole system. You should install them to "Macintosh HD>Application Support>Adobe>Photoshop Elements>6.0".

This link gives some instructions, along with a screenshot of where you should install actions in PSE 6 (scroll down the comments to see the screenshots). Flickr: Discussing Instructions to Install Actions on MAC in CoffeeShop-Free Photoshop , Elements, LightRoom Actions/Tutorial
08-26-2009, 05:39 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by indytax Quote
Did you install them to "[Admin Account]>Library>Application Support>Adobe>Photoshop Elements>6.0"? If so, you installed the actions to the admin user library and not to the whole system. You should install them to "Macintosh HD>Application Support>Adobe>Photoshop Elements>6.0".

This link gives some instructions, along with a screenshot of where you should install actions in PSE 6 (scroll down the comments to see the screenshots). Flickr: Discussing Instructions to Install Actions on MAC in CoffeeShop-Free Photoshop , Elements, LightRoom Actions/Tutorial
Those are the instructions I followed, and yes I installed them to "Macintosh HD>Application Support>Adobe>Photoshop Elements>6.0".
08-26-2009, 06:36 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RollsUp Quote
Those are the instructions I followed, and yes I installed them to "Macintosh HD>Application Support>Adobe>Photoshop Elements>6.0".
My only other thought for the night is to switch to your user account and then follow the last half of the directions (the ones listed below) in order to rebuild your library within your user account (if you rebuilt it within the admin account, you only rebuilt that library).
• Within Finder go to Library>Application Support>Adobe>Photoshop Elements>6.0>Locale>en_US.

• Rename the “MediaDatabase.db3” to something like “MediaDatabase_OLD.db3”.

• Close the Finder.

• Now open Adobe PSE 6.0.

• You should see a status box that says, “Building content & effects”.

• After the update is complete you should find the actions on the Right side of the screen in the tool box/bar. Go to Effects > Photo Effects and display all.
I hope this works!

08-26-2009, 08:23 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thank you indytax for taking the time in trying to help. I found a solution from another forum. I just needed to change permissions on a couple files.
Adobe Forums: Running PSE 6 For Mac On A Normal User...
08-27-2009, 07:12 AM   #6
Veteran Member

That makes sense and I thought about permissions issues at some point but who'd figure that Adobe wouldn't configure the app to run fully on all user accounts? Anyway, I'll bookmark this for my own future reference. Thanks for posting it.
08-28-2009, 04:35 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Your welcome indytax.