Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-01-2009, 03:20 PM   #1

Anyone ever used this paper?

Lost Luggage

I'm building a new portfolio and I want to print on high quality inkjet paper, rather than on glossy or mat photo paper, if only because of the feel is closer to that of a magazine (looking foward to seduce the world of advertising and editorial photography).

Details on the "normal" (not for portfolios) versions of this paper can be found here:

Moab by Legion Paper - Lasal Photo

and

Moab by Legion Paper - Entrada Rag

It's not that I need to know how good the paper will be with a Pentax DSLR. I just need to know how good the paper will be, period! I often shoot medium format film as well, so I just need a paper with good color, saturation, detail (printed on EPSON R1900) and durability.

Sure, I could buy a pack and try myself, but before, I thought I'd ask you, just in case...

Cheers,

09-01-2009, 09:57 PM   #2
Forum Member

Entrada is good but there's better ..

I have no experience with Moab's Lasal paper but I have used Moab's Entrada and Kokopelli papers quite extensively. Entrada is a good paper but I've since moved on to what I consider a much better fine art paper, namely Ilford's Galerie Gold Fibre Silk. To me, this Ilford paper has the glow, the feel and even the smell of a traditional wet print.

See:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-processing-printing-software-darkroo...jet-paper.html

Which printer are you using?
09-02-2009, 07:33 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pawzitiv Quote
I have no experience with Moab's Lasal paper but I have used Moab's Entrada and Kokopelli papers quite extensively. Entrada is a good paper but I've since moved on to what I consider a much better fine art paper, namely Ilford's Galerie Gold Fibre Silk. To me, this Ilford paper has the glow, the feel and even the smell of a traditional wet print.

See:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-processing-printing-software-darkroo...jet-paper.html
Thanks for the link. I could probably find a way to put this paper onto a 11x14 inches rigid portfolio insert with holes for screwposts — I don't want a polyester or polypropylene sheet to get between the photo and the viewer. Ilford's reputation is well deserved, and if you say this paper feels like a traditional print, I'll try it for sure.

QuoteOriginally posted by pawzitiv Quote
Which printer are you using?
EPSON R1800 and/or R1900 Pro Photo Printer.
09-03-2009, 03:23 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I second tigrebleu's recommendation regarding Ilford Galerie Fibre Gold Silk. I formerly used Moab Entrada but now use the Ilford for prints I really value.
Tom