Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-02-2009, 07:54 AM   #1

Visible noise in PPL4

After getting my k7, I was disapointed at the high level of noise visible in all my pictures (jpg's converted in camera) when viewed in PPL4. When I view the same picture in Photoshop CS4 the visible noise is much lower.

Anyone noticed the same thing or have any advice on in-camera settings to produce the smooth output I am acustomed to seeing from the default jpg's produced by my k10d?

09-02-2009, 12:18 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
If you're shooting JPEG, then they should look exactly the same in every viewer. If they look different at all, one of them must be doing some sort of auto-processing without your knowledge. Only RAW files should be expected to look different in different applications. And in-camera settings won't affect that - you'd need to tweak the settings of your RAW prograsm to get them to produce different results.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
noise, photography, photoshop, ppl4