Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-22-2007, 02:25 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
PP against Infra-red +filter question

Hi,

I am experiencing that some black fabrics turn to purple on my K100D. This is becoming a hassle, and seem to be something the camera has in common with the Leica M8 rangefinder.

I have a couple of questions that someone might answer. Firs off, do you think this is something general for the Pentax. Or does this affect individual cameras differently?

What I am wondering is if there is any recomendation that I might use to eleminate this in post production via Adobe Lightroom or Photoshop? Maybe with Raw? I think that would be interesting to know.

Othervise I am looking into filters. Can anyone recomend some type of filter to radically reduce infra-red representation?

I've attached an image to show you all how it can look like. The first image is just jpg. out of the camera, off focus and not really that good. But as an examle I think it's purpose. Both fine jpg. to start with, no PP.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/gallery/images/985/1_if-photo.jpg

And finally a better photo, whith less ir, but nonetheless some purple cast. I would even say that this is probably acceptable, for me, in this case. But I would rather be without it.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/gallery/images/985/1_if-photo2.jpg

So what do you folk say.