Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-28-2009, 11:01 PM   #16

Further research (and experimentation) have led me to suggest that that the best camera profile for EITHER DNG or PEF is Adobe Standard. If you want to make the result more Pentax JPG for some reason try Camera Standard. Both of these are designed for the K20 of whatever camera you use. If you go to adobe labs and download cameraprofiles beta2 you can expand them and you will find that Adobe Standard is actually a folder containing a large number of profiles each of which is specific to one of a v. large number of cameras of every model supported by Adobe. They appear to be shared by ACR and LR2.
What really sells me on the Adobe Standard is that it renders strong reds and oranges and the like with the greatest realism.
I hope this is of some help.

09-29-2009, 04:36 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
This is helpful because I've been experiencing the same sort of thing: like the op, I first look at the photos in FastStone but use ACR in PS Elements to do the RAW conversion and other adjustments. Recently, I've noticed a pretty significant difference between that initial viewing in FS and what I seen in ACR. I found it bit disconcerting at first but, since those differences disappear once I've converted the image to tiff, it's no big deal.

Last edited by dadipentak; 09-29-2009 at 04:43 AM.
09-29-2009, 02:03 PM   #18
Unregistered User

Today I installed LR2,5 and I find specific presets for k20d here.

I installed and new Adobe Camera Profiles beta 2 the result is same like PPL4.
09-29-2009, 11:01 PM   #19

Yes the update for ACR and LR2 is generally acompanied by a camera profile.