Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-04-2009, 02:40 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Online photo service reviews?

Hi everyone, I did a search and only found a couple of semi-related questions to this. I'm looking to get some prints made to display at a local Starbucks and I'm trying to figure out where to do it. I'm looking at a company called Meridian Professional Imaging (meridianpro.com) and the prices seem really good - $1.39 for an 8 x 10 on Endura paper. The only dedicated print/camera shop in the area is $5.99 for an 8 x 10, unknown what kind of paper.

Has anyone used Meridian's service? If so how was the service and print quality?

Can anyone recommend any other service with reasonable rates? I was also thinking maybe if there's not one already this could be a general thread for reviews of printing and general photo services (mounting, framing, etc.) I didn't really notice one.

Thanks for any help anyone may offer.

10-04-2009, 06:16 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by RickB Quote
Hi everyone, I did a search and only found a couple of semi-related questions to this. I'm looking to get some prints made to display at a local Starbucks and I'm trying to figure out where to do it. I'm looking at a company called Meridian Professional Imaging (meridianpro.com) and the prices seem really good - $1.39 for an 8 x 10 on Endura paper. The only dedicated print/camera shop in the area is $5.99 for an 8 x 10, unknown what kind of paper.

Has anyone used Meridian's service? If so how was the service and print quality?

Can anyone recommend any other service with reasonable rates? I was also thinking maybe if there's not one already this could be a general thread for reviews of printing and general photo services (mounting, framing, etc.) I didn't really notice one.

Thanks for any help anyone may offer.
I use MPIX.com and am really happy with the prices, shipping time and quality. I recently ordered a 16x24 on metallic that looks amazing.
10-04-2009, 06:21 PM   #3

I use CVS and Walgreens for the quick and kinda cheap stuff.

But for jobs where the people actually pay me I use Adorama. Someone here on the forum recommended them and I have used them a few times with great results.

They offer more than a few types of paper and have really good turnaround times.

They also have live online chat if you have questions about their ordering process. And they take PayPal, which streamlines the payment.
10-05-2009, 06:48 AM   #4

I recently had 8 x 10 prints done by Adorama and am very pleased. What impresses me the most is that they came out exactly as I submitted them.

10-05-2009, 11:57 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks for the help so far, I may have to go with MPix unless anyone else has suggestions/comments. Realistically I should have had these printed a week ago and Adorama is unfortunately closed this week.