Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-04-2009, 08:44 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Adorama is closed

I have a job that I want to get printed. Usually I would use Adorama but it seems they are closed for the next week for Sukkot Sukkot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They also have Kodak Silk paper which I wanted to use for this job. I looked at MPIX but their prices are a bit higher and they don't seem to have the Silk paper.

Any suggestions? Does anyone know where I can get up to 11x14 prints for a good/fair price and get them by Friday or Saturday of this week?

I was hoping to get the job back by the end of this week so that I could get everything matted and hung. I have a showing at a local church. Nothing big but you never know what might come from it. And I will be offering everything for sale. At least to get the production costs back.

Last edited by THAN THE SWORD; 10-05-2009 at 12:06 PM.
10-06-2009, 10:10 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by THAN THE SWORD Quote
I have a job that I want to get printed. Usually I would use Adorama but it seems they are closed for the next week for Sukkot Sukkot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They also have Kodak Silk paper which I wanted to use for this job. I looked at MPIX but their prices are a bit higher and they don't seem to have the Silk paper.

Any suggestions? Does anyone know where I can get up to 11x14 prints for a good/fair price and get them by Friday or Saturday of this week?

I was hoping to get the job back by the end of this week so that I could get everything matted and hung. I have a showing at a local church. Nothing big but you never know what might come from it. And I will be offering everything for sale. At least to get the production costs back.
check sams club
10-06-2009, 10:17 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Just out of interest is it just the photography shops that close in NY for Jewish holidays or is it a public holiday for everyone?
10-07-2009, 01:00 PM   #4

These are not public holidays, so no federal or state employees are freed. Non-Jewish establishments, likewise, are still open.

10-07-2009, 01:49 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Spock Quote
Just out of interest is it just the photography shops that close in NY for Jewish holidays or is it a public holiday for everyone?
It's mostly just B&H and Adorama: both are run by some pretty orthodox Jewish folks. To my observation B&H closes longer and more often, but it's just about how those companies' owners observe their religion. Not about New York per se. Among NYC mail-order outfits, they're kind of the only ones with a very good rep, (And deserved ones) is all. I sure wouldn't want to be trying to start a new business out of that area code: it's pretty full of fly-by-night grey market outfits. But these guys have been around since before the Internet, and people know em, so they may come off like the only games in town, cause they kind of are to most folks.
10-07-2009, 06:01 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by THAN THE SWORD Quote

I have had excellent results from MPix.
10-07-2009, 07:29 PM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
It's mostly just B&H and Adorama: both are run by some pretty orthodox Jewish folks.
I'm sure the non-Jewish employees aren't complaining about the extra holidays!