Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-23-2009, 05:20 AM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Glen Quote
And I thought it was just me. I still haven't figured that tool out except for when I do the simplest of corrections (one spot).

I was hoping for a built in e-mail program selection tool. Most programs let you select what program you use for e-mailing so that it will bring up a message with the selected photo's. With Lightroom, I had to download a special preset to do that.

I still love the program but Adobe must use Microsoft as their mentor.
It drives me nuts, i just cannot figure it out at all. The xcropping tool is absoulte RUBBISH as well and works the OPPOSITE way to ACR (you turn the picture not the crop) ..... infuriating.

10-23-2009, 08:09 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I hate the way it crops, too, now I use use my mouse to draw it.

I hear the chroma noise reduction is much better which is great news - LR2 would leave lots of blotches on my K2000 and I'd have to go external.
10-23-2009, 09:25 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Noise Reduction

OK. So I downloaded it and I have to comment on the Noise Reducation. It's.. actually... pretty good I have to saw that for NR included in a program it's A LOT better than what's in LR 2.4. Also according to Scott Kelby's blog (NAPP Member) the NR is aaplied at the Raw level, not the processed image level. That opens up a world of oppertunities.

I'm still holding my breath for Lens Distortion correction.

Oh and hopefully the post crop vignette will finally look like the regulat vignette adjustment. I never understood why they made the effect look different.
10-23-2009, 09:29 AM   #19
Veteran Member

That sounds great! Does that mean its the same as the old version on JPEG? did you test luminance too?

Wonder how it compares to topaz denoise.

10-23-2009, 10:03 AM   #20

is there a ruler in the develop module or a mouse position indicator?
(like when ms paint tells me that my mouse if at pixel 385 on the x axis and 587 on the y axis)
10-23-2009, 10:10 AM   #21
Gus
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Alfisti Quote
It drives me nuts, i just cannot figure it out at all. The xcropping tool is absoulte RUBBISH as well and works the OPPOSITE way to ACR (you turn the picture not the crop) ..... infuriating.
Hate it too.
10-23-2009, 10:38 AM   #22

QuoteOriginally posted by Alfisti Quote
Can we just get a cloning tool that doesn't confuse the crap outta me and more exporting options already (namely sharpening, i cannot beleive we settled fro "SOFT, MEDIUM, HARD" for exporting .... for the love of god.
Try this Nik plug in.

Nik Sharpener Pro 3 - review

10-23-2009, 10:45 AM   #23
and
Veteran Member

was disappointed to find so little new. distortion correction would be great, also a blur brush!!! and so many ppl have been asking for soft proofing since Lr 1.

but what i really wish for is that they improve the plugin sdk, then it doesnt matter if they dont add a blur brush etc, others will. the way it is now with only export plugins it becomes silly, having to convert the image to tif then open with plugin then save and open again. plugins should be able to integrate directly.

I fear the product is being limited to prevent competition with the other adobe programs and that is sad because its already very good and lots of ppl are happy with it but have some instances where they need photoshop but with some small addons they wouldnt need it anymore
10-23-2009, 05:37 PM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've done a bunch of reading but still can't figure out if we can finally export a slideshow with music. I see something about a HD movie but is that the same thing? I just want to burn a dvd slideshow with music. I bet you can't, they say you can set the fades to time out the show with the music but if you could burn this they would say because it's been wanted for so long.
10-23-2009, 08:01 PM   #25
Veteran Member

wait, so I can't use lightroom 3 beta on my other LR catalogs?
10-23-2009, 09:38 PM   #26
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Lightroom editing is included with any version of Photoshop

What I find odd is that people go on as if Lightroom offered some kind of editing tools not available anywhere else. Lightroom uses the same editing tools that you'll find in Adobe Camera Raw (ACR) which comes with Photoshop CSx or Elements. Open a raw file in Bridge or PSE's photo organizer to invoke ACR. All the same editing tools you'll find in Lightroom are there. You can also set PS to open jpegs in ACR.

Lightroom has a nicer interface. It's a great cataloging tool. It will accept plugins and allow you to use presets on your images, so I'm not saying it's not worth the price. I am saying that if you have any current version of PS, then you have the base Lightroom editing tools already in ACR.

Adobe says that you can add music to slideshows and even have the length of the tune adjust the speed of your slides so the show fits the music.
10-24-2009, 09:46 AM   #27

QuoteOriginally posted by Eruditass Quote
wait, so I can't use lightroom 3 beta on my other LR catalogs?
Nope but this is to prevent any problems that Beta software might cause to our LR Catologs. It's a good thing.
10-24-2009, 10:18 AM   #28

QuoteOriginally posted by mysticcowboy Quote
What I find odd is that people go on as if Lightroom offered some kind of editing tools not available anywhere else. Lightroom uses the same editing tools that you'll find in Adobe Camera Raw (ACR) which comes with Photoshop CSx or Elements. Open a raw file in Bridge or PSE's photo organizer to invoke ACR. All the same editing tools you'll find in Lightroom are there. You can also set PS to open jpegs in ACR.

Lightroom has a nicer interface. It's a great cataloging tool. It will accept plugins and allow you to use presets on your images, so I'm not saying it's not worth the price. I am saying that if you have any current version of PS, then you have the base Lightroom editing tools already in ACR.
Yes, but technically you can achieve anything you can do in Photoshop in MS Paint - just a different interface, but some people prefer the uncluttered, minimalist style of Paint

LR allows you to see the effects of all the adjustments immediately, save multiple versions of the same image, apply the same adjustments to hundreds of images easily, revert any or all adjustments in an instant and so on... The core of the tools is the same, but the workflow is oh-so-much better, to the point where you cannot really say they are the same thing.

With PS + ACR, you can only make RAW adjustments as you open the image, once it's open, the RAW data and adjustments are not available and you would need to start the whole edit over again if you decide to tweak the RAW import settings. And you need to do this for each individual picture.
10-24-2009, 12:02 PM   #29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mysticcowboy Quote
Adobe says that you can add music to slideshows and even have the length of the tune adjust the speed of your slides so the show fits the music.
Roger that...in Lightroom, but the way it works at least up to 2.5 is when you export a slideshow you lose the ability to include music.
10-24-2009, 01:09 PM   #30
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by oshua Quote
Nope but this is to prevent any problems that Beta software might cause to our LR Catologs. It's a good thing.
Just found that out when I read the press release. So... just ended up buying Lightroom 2 since I use it so much.