Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-03-2009, 11:11 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Does Remote Asistant really just suck?

I"m trying to shoot tethered with my k10 or k20, ad I'm finding remote assistant to not be that awesome. I have the camera tethered to my mac by usb, then have RA capturing the files and saving them to a folder that Lightroom is watching and auto-importing. For one, when it's working, that total process is very slow. It's like 5 seconds or the image to pop up in RA, then 10 more seconds for it to show up in lightroom. I've seen people with similar setups with other cameras that pop up almost instantly. Secondly, it crashes all the time. It will just stop send pictures to LR, or stop acknowledging that the camera is hooked up, or it will crash my entire computer, and once it ever locked up the camera, and I ad to take out the batteries. What's up with this? Does this happen to everyone? Are there alternative programs for tethering the camera into LR? Thanks!

11-04-2009, 07:26 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Any Help? I would loveto be bale to get this to work better.