Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-09-2009, 10:22 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nah, you had a problem, asked a question, got good answers that pointed you to a solution, found the solution, verified it worked, and followed up to report your findings and thank people for their help. If that's being a dork, we could use more dorks around here...

Last edited by Marc Sabatella; 11-18-2009 at 04:04 PM.
11-09-2009, 10:28 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mchud Quote
<snip>
-----(added later) okay.... mingdie- I'm such a dork. I didn't even notice the box that came up with the jpg saving file. It was on low (3). I'm so glad you told me!!! I haven't done much with RAW but am starting to get it. If you hadn't told me that I have no idea how long it would have taken me to see that. Once I changed that, the lines went away even on the jpeg. Yikes. Thanks for mentioning that. Something so basic overlooked. I'm a dork!
Join the "Dorks Anonymous" group. Even Pentax acknowledges that almost every one of us is a dork from time to time. After all, they named their lenses after our association' "DA"

Donning asbestos suit

11-09-2009, 11:53 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Dom & emr- sorry. I guess a bit confusing. I shot Raw and converted through CS2, but shot the image on k20d. I can see how my wording was contradicting and confusing. Sorry.

mingdie- I"m not sure I know how to choose between highest quality and highest compression. on cs2 I just save as-jpg.

jeffkrol-
i've never tried TIFF. Guess I should.

all of you- thanks for replying. what a great forum where others will take the time to respond. appreciate it!

-- I just looked at my RAW images and then the jpeg's and it's true. They aren't there in the RAW, so I'll work on the converting part and see where that gets me. Thanks!

-----(added later) okay.... mingdie- I'm such a dork. I didn't even notice the box that came up with the jpg saving file. It was on low (3). I'm so glad you told me!!! I haven't done much with RAW but am starting to get it. If you hadn't told me that I have no idea how long it would have taken me to see that. Once I changed that, the lines went away even on the jpeg. Yikes. Thanks for mentioning that. Something so basic overlooked. I'm a dork!
Well that makes me a dork to as I made the same mistake. No problems, I am glad I could help. The best thing about this forum is all the friendly help you can get.

Cheers
Eddie
11-18-2009, 08:28 AM   #19
Dom

Dom & emr- sorry. I guess a bit confusing. I shot Raw and converted through CS2, but shot the image on k20d. I can see how my wording was contradicting and confusing. Sorry.

Cool, that's sorted that out.

Looks like you've got it all sorted out, happy days.