Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-10-2009, 11:17 AM   #1

Adding watermarks

Hey all, I've whipped up a translucent watermark using a traditional chinese typefont to be applied to some of the photos I'll be uploading to the net. However, the watermark looks poorly on a bright lit background and only looks as intended for darker backgrounds. I tried adjusting the watermark color to a darker tone for the lighter background pictures; however, the problem comes when I try to batch process them using photoshop actions, the darker watermark will now appear poorly on a black or dark background.

Is there anyway to arrange the photos by luminance? so the correct watermark can be selected and applied?

Has anyone else encountered this issue?

Thanks..

11-10-2009, 07:02 PM   #2

Original Poster
just a quick update.. instead of trying to create two versions of exactly what I wanted, I decided to compromise and create a generic one for both light and dark backgrounds. I basically added a stroke border in the contrasting color to make sure the texts displays properly.. The results can be seen in the attached files.

If anyone has a better idea, I'd appreciate them!
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-x  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-x  Photo 
11-11-2009, 04:18 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I was going to suggest something like a border. I use a shadow.