Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-10-2009, 07:23 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
As soon as you mention cataloging you've really stepped into LR's domain. Now I have never worked with ACDC Pro so I have no knowledge of that program at all or if it does cataloging.
There are tons of tutorials and stuff to help with Lightroom, but I agree with you in that if there is someone locally to ask questions of it helps a lot. I'm that way also, if I can watch you do something and ask questions I learn faster but I didn't know anyone to help me like that so I had to go it alone, so to speak, but I've been able to make progress. It may take longer but if a guy persists, progress can usually be made:-).

12-11-2009, 11:21 AM   #17
Veteran Member

ACDSee Pro does indeed do cataloging. It's actually quite similar in basic functionality to LR - integrated browsing, cataloging, and non-destructive image processing. Even look very similar as of the recent version 3.0. I know a few people who use LR for their RAW procesisng but use ACDSee for cataloging because they like its interface better, but others who prefer LR's cataloging features. Both programs have their strengths and weaknesses as far as all that goes, but they are more similar than different overall.

If I haven't mentioned it enough times, her's another plug for "The DAM Book" by Peter Krogh, which I can only describe as life-changing for me in terms of opening my eyes to what an image management workflow could be about (both in terms of the processing and the cataloging). Wish I could remember who to thank for turning me on to this a few years back.
12-11-2009, 11:56 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks, Marc--I'll take a look at the book.