Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-12-2009, 03:52 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Software not understanding Pentax photo rotation info

I have both "auto image rotation" and "save rotation info" settings to ON with my K20D. However, when previewing images on WinXP, as well as when I upload them to Fotki, the image rotation is not working. I've tried other software image preview programs with the same result (except Pentax Photo Browser).

I can't seem to find any info about this problem. Is it just me?

12-13-2009, 04:03 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Does your editing software auto rotate? Not show on XP, But I think Vista auto rotates.
Did look in the Folder Options under tools, to see if there is an option for this?
12-13-2009, 07:35 PM   #3
klh
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I'm using Paint Shop Pro X2, and yes, it auto-rotates properly when I load a photo (now that I switched on the setting in preferences).

I've put in a question to Fotki's help line. Maybe they can figure it out.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
image, info, pentax, photo, photography, photoshop, rotation, software