Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-18-2007, 12:47 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Photoshop help please

I have PS. I wish to add a watermark (I believe it's called) to a bunch of photos that will be on the web. I just want some white text (same text every time) with a black feather around it (or whatever it's called) so it can be read no matter what the background is, and for it to be put in the bottom right corner of each photo (landscape and portrait though doing each type separately would be okay).

Is it possible to automate this either-
1. For a bunch of photos at a time, or
2. Just for the photo open at the time in PS (like a macro in Office).

I know nothing about automating anything in PS. Cutting and pasting doesn't work as the dark edging to the text doesn't get copied.

Thanks for any help.

06-18-2007, 09:11 AM   #2
Inactive Account

It should be possible to make an action. You should also be able to make a batch...umm... well I forgot the the exact name, but you drop your files on it in windows explorer or apple finder, and it will go through them all, do the work you need, and then spit them out. It can then save the new files to the same folder(overwrite or rename) or a different folder of your liking. It's really up to you and how you set it up. Just hit "F1" and search for actions and batch. It's really quite simple once you get your head around it, but unfortunately would be hard to explain in a single post.

Edit: It's called a droplet. First create your action/batch then make a droplet that runs that action/batch. We had to use droplets at a previous job, cropping and adjusting various settings to thousands(literally) of mugshots for a book. All done in roughly a week; worked wonders and saved us hours if not days.

Last edited by Vertex Ninja; 06-18-2007 at 09:23 AM.
06-18-2007, 05:40 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks Ninja *bow*. I didn't even know what they are called and couldn't find anything in the help. I'll have a look now I know what to look for!
So action=macro, and droplet=batch process.

I don't suppose anyone knows of a freebie plug-in that does this, allowing one to fill in some fields, then voila?!
06-18-2007, 10:13 PM   #4
Inactive Account

If I get some free-time in the next few days, I'll try and whip up a sample one for you to play with/modify.

Edit: See this LINK. Should give you a general idea of how to do it.

QuoteOriginally posted by Arpe Quote
So action=macro, and droplet=batch process.
Sort of. Action=macro, Batch=run "action" on multiple files/folder(photoshop open), and Droplet=runs a batch/action by dropping files onto an icon, on your desktop for example, without opening photoshop(super handy for setting up a pipeline) Example: photographer imports pictures and drag 'n' drops them onto the droplet->files get common Photoshop tasks performed(auto levels, imagesize, etc.) -> Files get spit out to a different location on a server, possibly copied for backups-> art team opens folder and can now edit these "edited" files as they get processed or at their leisure. All started with one simple drag and drop.

Last edited by Vertex Ninja; 06-18-2007 at 10:50 PM. Reason: more info
06-19-2007, 03:54 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
easiest way>>>>>try to navigate to NAPP ( national association of photoshop professionals.....look for tutorials, or type in "watermark. You may also try photoshop cafe....both these sites post many photoshop tutorials/tips.
agree with ninja to write all the steps involved would take considerable time and space......good luck
06-19-2007, 06:08 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks chaps. That link of yours Ninja - bad english just stops me understanding most of what that writer has on that site!

At least now, understanding the basic terminology, I can search for the right things.