Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-04-2010, 08:06 AM   #1
Veteran Member

A quarter century and counting

This new year may bring many things: peace in the Middle East, consensus on climate change, a decent football World Cup. For me, though, it marks twenty-five years since I bought my first Pentax - an ME Super w/ SMC-M 1:1.7 50mm. I still have that camera, though I moved up to an LX a while back. Anyway, at the risk of bringing down the wrath of the mods, I thought I'd share with you that, to celebrate the momentous occasion, I'm offering a special discount just for UK Pentaxians at my photographic print studio in Wales. If you're curious, you can visit my site here. There's also a small gallery where you can see some other Pentax images. We do pretty nice film scans, so you analogue guys are especially welcome to pop by!

Incidentally, I'd be grateful for any feedback on the site - it's a new design and we're pretty pleased with it so far.

With thanks in advance for the indulgence of the mods

01-04-2010, 11:48 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by artobest Quote
This new year may bring many things: peace in the Middle East, consensus on climate change, a decent football World Cup. For me, though, it marks twenty-five years since I bought my first Pentax - an ME Super w/ SMC-M 1:1.7 50mm. I still have that camera, though I moved up to an LX a while back. Anyway, at the risk of bringing down the wrath of the mods, I thought I'd share with you that, to celebrate the momentous occasion, I'm offering a special discount just for UK Pentaxians at my photographic print studio in Wales. If you're curious, you can visit my site here. There's also a small gallery where you can see some other Pentax images. We do pretty nice film scans, so you analogue guys are especially welcome to pop by!

Incidentally, I'd be grateful for any feedback on the site - it's a new design and we're pretty pleased with it so far.

With thanks in advance for the indulgence of the mods
I like your website! Additionally, thank you for the constructive advice on preparing a photo for printing. The color-space advice is something that I hadn't seen before. Thanks a lot.
01-04-2010, 01:43 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks very much. Glad you found the site useful. It's not easy to boil down such a complex subject without turning it into meaningless generalities.

Incidentally, if I were to have to choose a single book on the subject of digital image preparation to recommend to people, it would be Bruce Fraser and Jeff Schewe's Real World Image Sharpening. It's so well written and so, well, essential.
04-25-2010, 07:36 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Given that there has been ongoing interest (and plenty of positive feedback) in our discount fine-art print offer for UK Pentaxians - not overwhelming, but enough to make the exercise worthwhile - I thought I'd mention that the offer will expire on Friday 7 May. Whether or not you plan to take advantage of it, do come by and visit the site - there's plenty of worthwhile information there for any photographer thinking of preparing images for print.