Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-05-2010, 04:52 PM   #1
Inactive Account

good K10D profile for ACR - please help!

Is there someone to help me with a good general profile for ACR for K10D ?

I tried several custom profiles including original Adobe profiles but it seems that none is suitable and accurate to match the real life colors.

Thanks in advance.

01-07-2010, 09:46 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I'm not understanding your question

Are you asking for a profile to auto color balance your images? Since lighting conditions are going to vary with each shoot, and often during a shoot if you change position, there is no profile that will auto color balance for you. You can include a white or gray card in one of your photos, use that to color balance that photo, then make a preset that will fix the color in all the photos from that one shoot.

Is your monitor calibrated? You can use Adobe RGB or sRGB color spaces out of the camera for basic photo manipulation. With ACR and a good calibration you should be set without a custom profile. But then you need to tweak your photos according to custom color spaces for each paper. You also need to make sure that your printer is told to let Lightroom manage color during printing.

michael mckee
My Port Townsend – A City in Photographs – 365
01-07-2010, 02:57 PM   #3
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Stick with sRGB unless you are sending your images away to a pro lab that specifies AdobeRGB.
01-08-2010, 12:38 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by huqedato Quote
Is there someone to help me with a good general profile for ACR for K10D ?

I tried several custom profiles including original Adobe profiles but it seems that none is suitable and accurate to match the real life colors.

Thanks in advance.
if you can't get colors right (right for you) in ACR then try another raw converter