Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-08-2010, 05:50 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
I'm not sure what I've even lookng for- What is this called?

I've gone to sites that have a small image and when you mouse over it, a larger version just sort of appears. Is this a flash type of set up or what?

01-08-2010, 11:16 AM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Sew-Classic Quote
I've gone to sites that have a small image and when you mouse over it, a larger version just sort of appears. Is this a flash type of set up or what?
It is done with Javascript (usually), Flash, or Silverlight. This forum does not support that feature, though various gallery software can build the scripts for you for your personal Web site.

Steve
01-08-2010, 05:03 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

The easiest is javascript.
Research the onmouseover tag.

changing images on mouseover using javascript - javascript onmouseout and onmouseover event handlers
01-11-2010, 02:56 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Or try Lightbox or Slimbox - small Javascripts that produce a larger image with caption that hovers over the page when you click on a thumbnail.

01-11-2010, 03:23 PM   #5
Inactive Account

I used some CSS code from this site:

Dynamic Drive CSS Library- CSS Image Gallery

This will allow allow the user to mouse over a thumbnail and show a larger version of the same image. Requires CSS and XHTML, but this is a good combo to use since all the newer web browsers support them. There are a lot of online resources to learn them. Here are two:

http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_reference.asp
http://www.w3schools.com/tags/default.asp

Last edited by ptempel; 01-11-2010 at 03:32 PM.