Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-08-2010, 05:50 AM   #1
Senior Member
Sew-Classic's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Ohio, USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 238
I'm not sure what I've even lookng for- What is this called?

I've gone to sites that have a small image and when you mouse over it, a larger version just sort of appears. Is this a flash type of set up or what?

01-08-2010, 11:16 AM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
stevebrot's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver (USA)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 42,007
QuoteOriginally posted by Sew-Classic Quote
I've gone to sites that have a small image and when you mouse over it, a larger version just sort of appears. Is this a flash type of set up or what?
It is done with Javascript (usually), Flash, or Silverlight. This forum does not support that feature, though various gallery software can build the scripts for you for your personal Web site.

01-08-2010, 05:03 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Wheatfield's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The wheatfields of Canada
Posts: 15,981
The easiest is javascript.
Research the onmouseover tag.

changing images on mouseover using javascript - javascript onmouseout and onmouseover event handlers
01-11-2010, 02:56 AM   #4
Veteran Member
artobest's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Swansea, Wales
Posts: 455
Or try Lightbox or Slimbox - small Javascripts that produce a larger image with caption that hovers over the page when you click on a thumbnail.

01-11-2010, 03:23 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bloomfield, NJ
Posts: 32
I used some CSS code from this site:

Dynamic Drive CSS Library- CSS Image Gallery

This will allow allow the user to mouse over a thumbnail and show a larger version of the same image. Requires CSS and XHTML, but this is a good combo to use since all the newer web browsers support them. There are a lot of online resources to learn them. Here are two:

Last edited by ptempel; 01-11-2010 at 03:32 PM.

  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
photography, photoshop
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ok, so who called the K-5? johnmflores Pentax News and Rumors 26 09-25-2010 06:59 PM
What is the PP feature called when...... Deiberson Digital Processing, Software, and Printing 8 09-12-2010 04:55 PM
Anyone here know what one of these boats is called? BPT General Talk 9 03-14-2008 07:19 AM
Anybody know what causes these artifacts and what they are called? BPT Photographic Technique 17 01-05-2008 12:11 PM

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:25 PM. | See also:, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]