QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Moved to Post Processing
Please ban polls.

02-13-2010, 04:32 AM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
Please ban polls.
Spoilsport. Do you play tiddlywinks?

But I digress. I didn't vote because my answers are (as usual) more complex. With some old PNS's I still use, I can and do save TIFF, JPG, GIF as well as MOV, MPG, AVI. With the K20D, I'll save JPG for general shots, and RAW+ for nonstandard or experimental images. A better poll might list these formats and ask for a numerical ranking, with multiple ZEROs allowed.

Addendum: I just got an idea. Many graphics programs (including our favorite photo editors) have their own proprietary file formats. Might their corporate masters cut a deal with a digicam maker to save images in such a proprietary format? Bundle that editor with the camera; its output could ONLY (or most efficiently) be edited with that software. (I'm surprised such corporate trickery hasn't already emerged. It would be like selling RoundUp-ready crop seeds, sort of.) Or how about an HDR setting to save the source images as layers in such a proprietary format? Or an option to save images in vector formats? Et cetera.

Last edited by RioRico; 02-13-2010 at 04:53 AM. Reason: addendum