Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-01-2010, 09:49 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
ACDSee Pro 3 - K-x support added

Just a heads up for those who have or are considering a K-x and Pro 3 - a new RAW plug-in update was released last week that adds native PEF support:

ACDSee Photo Software

02-01-2010, 02:26 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Marc Sabatella Quote
Just a heads up for those who have or are considering a K-x and Pro 3 - a new RAW plug-in update was released last week that adds native PEF support:

ACDSee Photo Software
Thank you. Great news!!
05-01-2010, 07:02 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Marc
I see you are posting on the ACDsee forum. What is your opinion of that software?
I just found out my wife company are the distributor of that product in Quebec and I can get if for low $$
05-01-2010, 07:39 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
If I didn't like it, I wouldn't be using it and posting about it :-)

It's similar in basic scope to Lightroom or Aperture: integrated image management and parametric/non-destructive image processing. I've never used Aperture, but to me ACDSee feels more intuitive than Lightroom. But it can't do everything LR can - nor can LR do everything ACDSee can. You'd have to install both trials to see which suits you better.

05-01-2010, 08:08 PM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Marc Sabatella Quote
If I didn't like it, I wouldn't be using it and posting about it :-)

It's similar in basic scope to Lightroom or Aperture: integrated image management and parametric/non-destructive image processing. I've never used Aperture, but to me ACDSee feels more intuitive than Lightroom. But it can't do everything LR can - nor can LR do everything ACDSee can. You'd have to install both trials to see which suits you better.
THanks Maec
Anyway at the price I will get it, it's not a bad deal