Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-09-2010, 01:56 AM   #1
Veteran Member

ptlens and km/k2000?

Hi all.
Is anyone using PTlens with a k2000? I have downloaded the trial version . The calibrated camera list lists the KM but reads my camera as K2000..........therefore its not calibrated...? Is this correct or am I missing something? It happily reads the lenses and I have bought a Tamron 10-24 which is also on the list........
Is the any way of changing it in camera to be a KM? I have emailed the owner but no answer so far............
And does Ptlens read raw files? or only jpegs and tiffs?

Many thanks
Jan

02-09-2010, 05:14 AM   #2
hcc
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ricstew Quote
Hi all.
Is anyone using PTlens with a k2000? I have downloaded the trial version . The calibrated camera list lists the KM but reads my camera as K2000..........therefore its not calibrated...? Is this correct or am I missing something? It happily reads the lenses and I have bought a Tamron 10-24 which is also on the list........
Is the any way of changing it in camera to be a KM? I have emailed the owner but no answer so far............
And does Ptlens read raw files? or only jpegs and tiffs?

Many thanks
Jan
Jan,
First, two comments:
- the K2000 is the US name of the K-m; see for example Pentax K2000 Review: 1. Introduction: Digital Photography Review;
- the software PTLens works on JPEG files (only).

A number of cameras are rebadged/renamed based upon their geographic distribution: Canon 500D/T1i, Pentax K-m/K-2000. A simple but confusing glitch.

I use PTLens successfully with my K-7. It is simple and powerful as well as very affordable (US$25). Further one of my lenses was not listed, and the PTLens developer was pompt and happy to calibrate the software after I sent him some calibration photographs. I was impressed by the rapid and friendly response.

Enjoy PTlens, and I hope that the comment will help...
02-09-2010, 11:50 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Many thanks
I am very impressed with the program and want to buy it,,,,,,,,if I can work out how to get my camera recognised
I will have to be patient and see if the developer can help.
Jpg's are fine! I can see how my workflow should go!
cheers
Jan
02-09-2010, 01:17 PM   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

As a standalone application, PTLens supports JPEG and both 8 bit and 16 bit TIFF. As a Photoshop plug-in, it supports the same formats as Photoshop.

As for the camera recognition...I doubt if you have a problem. As noted above, the names vary geographically. The program author should be able to confirm.

Steve

02-09-2010, 10:50 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I will have to use is a stand alone........ I think I have worked it out! I had the wrong thing checked in the options.........I removed the check from "camera detects converter" and all is good! Whoo Hoo.............and my wa Tamron arrived today!
So full steam ahead for me!
Many thanks
Jan

bugger back to square 1.............I changed directory...........the program reads the exif data and tells me its not calibrated......
What am I doing wrong? Saving it wrong somehow?

PENTAX
PENTAX K2000
21.3mm
1/8 s at f/8, ISO 100
2008:01:22 11:46:24

Camera has not been calibrated

They are all jpg........

Last edited by janstew; 02-09-2010 at 10:57 PM.
02-10-2010, 11:31 AM   #6
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Contact Tom Niemann, the PTLens author. There is a response form at:
who am i
Click "Feedback" on the left-side menu. This will display a short FAQ as well as a message form.

Steve

QuoteOriginally posted by ricstew Quote
I will have to use is a stand alone........ I think I have worked it out! I had the wrong thing checked in the options.........I removed the check from "camera detects converter" and all is good! Whoo Hoo.............and my wa Tamron arrived today!
So full steam ahead for me!
Many thanks
Jan

bugger back to square 1.............I changed directory...........the program reads the exif data and tells me its not calibrated......
What am I doing wrong? Saving it wrong somehow?

PENTAX
PENTAX K2000
21.3mm
1/8 s at f/8, ISO 100
2008:01:22 11:46:24

Camera has not been calibrated

They are all jpg........
02-10-2010, 10:37 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Me again.
The author got back to me today. I am very impressed with the promptness of his actions. All seems to be fixed and I am up and running!
Now I just need a weekend to play with the lense!
thanks for all your help!
cheers
Jan