Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-19-2010, 09:36 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Epson 1400 suggestions for paper and source for OEM ink?

Looking for a good source for OEM ink for the Epson 1400. Is anywhere appreciably cheaper?

Also, what is a good reasonably priced paper? I have seen great comments about this Costco Kirkland paper but it only seems to be available as 8 1/2 x 11? Does it have ICC profiles for the Epson printers?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Ken

02-19-2010, 10:03 AM   #2
Veteran Member

ken,
I have a Epson 1400 also. I use atlex.com for my ink source. They sell original Epson ink at the best price I have been able to find. They also sell Epson paper.
I use Ilford Galerie paper--smooth pearl or sometimes I also use the glossy paper.
I really like the print quality from the 1400 printer but I'll warn you, it a ink hog.
02-21-2010, 07:03 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Cheaper alternative

Ken, as an alternative, I've been using the 3rd party inks in my Epson 1400 now for a little over a year with great results. They rival the Oem's in most ways except in the archival department. I have prints under glass that are a year old and look as good as the day they were printed. I believe the quality of the paper is a bigger factor affecting the longevity of the prints. My source for the ink is found here . These are Canadian prices(even cheaper converted to US$). I have had no problems with blocked nozzles etc. These inks have made printing very affordable for me, especially when proofing, and the print quality speaks for itself.
Regards, Joe

Last edited by valleylad; 02-21-2010 at 11:29 AM.
02-22-2010, 12:03 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Check Red River for a good, and relatively economical, assortment of papers. Their Sampler pack of two each of 21 different 8.5x11 papers for $8 is very helpful. Good profiles for the higher end printers too.

Welcome to Red River Paper

H2