Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-20-2010, 04:06 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Pentax K-x camera calibration profile (ACR & Lightroom)

The one thing I don't like about Lightroom is the reddish tinge in the RAW conversions, especially on skin tones. So I took it upon myself to create a custom camera calibration profile for my K-x using Adobe's DNG Profile Editor and a Gretag MacBeth Color Checker.

I'm very pleased with the results. The K-x profile eliminates the reddish cast and renders skin tones much more naturally.

I've posted the profile here for those who want to try it.

Put it in ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Camera Raw/Camera Profiles. It will then be available in ACR and Lightroom. (I'm not sure where to put it on a PC - I use a Mac).

Let me know how it goes.

02-22-2010, 05:40 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery
Thanks for sharing!
02-25-2010, 08:51 PM   #3
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Thanks! I will give that a try.
02-27-2010, 11:18 PM   #4

Inspire by your thread, I posted my new and first one; " Camera profiles in Lightroom2 for custom images of Pentax K-7, Wanted !!! " I appreciate very much your job. Reading your thread, for the first time, I find a possible way to arrive at what I need. At the same time I wonder if I might have wanted too much.

Many thanks again. Best regards!
from Tokyo

03-01-2010, 12:47 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Thanks a lot,
this will bring me a little closer to the K-X .-)
If you could guide me to one or two example photos of skin tones from your settings I'd be really pleased.
Honestly what's holding me back with the K-X is my taste in skin tones. The stuff I see from the K-X looks similar to the 'Canon plastic skin' look. I know that's a matter of taste and there are big billboard charts with stuff like that so it can't be all bad :-)
Thx again, Georg