Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-07-2010, 04:00 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
CS 4 Question

Just did a Senior Portrait sitting and it went pretty well. The client does not want a CD with proofs but instead want 4x6's of each shot.

I can do that without too much of an additional charge, no problem. But normally the CD would have the proofs and the file name for each proof. Instead of writing each file name on the back or even the front is there any way to have the file name printed on the front of each proof in CS4 (extended)? I have a script to have "Proof" on each shot. But is there a way for CS4 to identify the name of each proof and print it on the front?

Is CS4 smart enough to do it?

Am I?

Thanks in advance....

03-07-2010, 07:19 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

An easy way, providing they are all formatted the same, is to do a contact sheet, with the dimension being 4x6 and one file per sheet.
It will print the filename below the image.

Here's the settings:

Units: Inches
Width 4
Height 6
Resolution: match to the printer, or 300.
RGB
Flatten: checked
Thumbnails: place column: Doesnt matter, leave it at whatever it's set to.
Check auto spacing
Columns 1
Rows 1
Check auto spacing.

This gives a white border on the sides and a file number on the bottom with an out of camera file.

Edit: I just wrote an action that you can use to do this as a batch using the above method.
PM me if you are interested with an email address that I can send it to and you can have it.

Last edited by Wheatfield; 03-07-2010 at 07:50 PM.
03-08-2010, 09:14 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Wheatfield - Thanks for your work in creating an action for me. Unfortunately, it doesn't quite address my needs. No fault of yours, more my fault for not describing my request properly.

I shot the sitting and renamed the files using Bridge. They go from 001 to 146 with a Project Name (for ex Project ABC 024). Now I want to print the file name (Either Project ABC 023 or just 023) on the front of each 4x6 that I will have printed at CVS or Walgreen's. I know how I would do if it I could just insert a few lines of Basic into an action.

On page 630 of Adobe's online manual for CS4 it talks about "Creating data-driven graphics". This is the closest topic that I could find in searching all 700 odd pages. But as far as I can see this chapter is about creating variables when working with one image.

Maybe it's not something that is possible in CS4. I have Corel Paint Shop Pro X although I haven't really used it in a long while.

Any help would be better that what I am doing right now.
03-08-2010, 09:40 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

What filename is the action using? I would have thought it would grab whatever name you gave it in bridge?
Or is the action itself stalling?