Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-17-2010, 04:44 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sad news - JOBO

Despite a recent venture into products for digital photography JOBO has declared insolvency.
JOBO tanks and other film processing products have long been the standard for home and professional darkrooms.

Chris

03-17-2010, 06:29 PM   #2
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
As much as many of us like film, it is somewhat doomed to the same fate as vinyl records. Certain parts of the format will still be around for a long time but every couple of months we hear about another line that's discontinued or worse.
03-17-2010, 06:54 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
What's sad about this news is that I recently purchased a Jobo CPE2 (used) in order to develop film in one area that current digital can't touch (and won't be able to for a loooong time), which is large format (4x5). I can do without 35mm and, if I really pushed it, I could do without medium format film (I'd have to replace it with one of the MF digital cameras/backs), but in terms of what I can get in 4x5, there's no other choice.
03-18-2010, 03:45 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Jobo will reshuffle their business and stay in the market. They will will go out of the analogue business and concentrate on digital products. I think, they had some good innovations during the last 2 or 3 years (with their image tanks or GPS units), but still have too much old stuff or me-too products (like the digital photo frames).

But the insolvency time will give them some space to re-invent theri business, though German insolvancy law is not quite as convenient for the companies as the US Chapter 11.

Ben